Monday, February 27, 2017

For Levi

Levi -

The closet was empty, the back wall a barren space I wrote your name, over and over, where someone will find it after I die.  For now, it wraps the circumference of my ring finger in Hebrew, a promise to burn you into the places of the universe most incendiary.

While I suspected it, I stopped asking if we might be the same creature after you destroyed the lab.  It stopped mattering to me, squarely in a moment, to codify such a thing.

Last night was the new moon.  I don't want to know who you are, really.  I want to sink any inclination I might have about what life is like for you to the bottom of the ocean and lock it in a chest.  I want to have no inclinations, never bring them to light, and forget them utterly, for what it might mean about me....

We might've once been a part of a fairy tale where we find our way through dark woods and discover our mutual father was the moon, but I'm not sure I believe in it anymore.  Not the fairy tale, or the magic, or the sameness, even.

Although I wonder if I mean that, or could even if I tried.

- Z

No comments:

Post a Comment